Secondly rounding up pictures for this post took 4eva and I may or may not have gotten horribly distracted at looking at old pictures and then a big phone chat with Mike's Momma. I am totally focused at finishing a task 100% of the time...ooo look Real Housewives of Vancouver is on...*runs away for 15 minutes*
OK NOW I am writing this post for real.
Actually my ADDness is some what fitting for this post, since this project started in August. Ooops.
In the spirit of the Dude Get On That Already Challenge from Young House Love (side note for those who care..aka Mike...this challenge is about completing DIY/projects that you have procrastinated for a very long time), I decided to GET'ER DONE.
That being curtains. Kind of.
Rewind to August..or July even.
After having super sexy vertical blinds installed by the land lord in our apartment,
|Only Before Pic of the blinds I could find|
Once the water was boiled, I poured it over the curtains in the bucket and added the dye, and started stirring
After washing they looked like this:
A pretty colour but I was hoping for this:
But I was happy with the colour overall and knew it would work out fine. So did Moseby.
So all I had to do was wait for them to dry and then iron them and hang them up. Apperently that took from the August long weekend until the Easter Weekend.
Tonight I finally ironed them and hung them up and it took all of 10 minutes..and here is the finished product.
I am actually glad they are light in colour because the moment I finished attaching them I remembered that we are only suppose to have neutral coloured window coverings in our building..and I bet from the ground it looks like they are white.
There one project down...50 million left to go.
PS...I found this video while trying to find the old pictures...look at the cuteness!!