Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm on a Boat!

After randomly taking the full week off from the gym last week, I was itching to get back to the gym this week. Last night I was out for dinner with a friend from work and our respective others, and Mike and I ate a boatload of sushi..no seriously, a boat load of sushi:

EPIC SUSHI TIME
But after that minor distraction I went to the gym tonight.  First class back was BODY PUMP. It was great. The instructor, who is very pregnant (as in due in two weeks) was making jokes about going into labour during the class. If she is there next week I will be impressed/think she is crazy!

As much I loved the class, there was something nice last week about not going to the gym. For example, last night I came home from work, got ready to go out, and had a nice dinner, and was home around 8:30. Today I went to the gym, came home ate, and vegged because I was tired from the gym and it suddenly was 8:30. My initial reaction is that it would be so nice to just not care. 

But I can't. After my good scale result last week, even though I took a week off, I am more motivated than ever. I was tempted to do two classes today, just because I had the time, but I think that would have been a bad way to come back after a week off. I also have decided that starting March 1st I am going back to my rule to not eat junk at work (with a one day a week grace period). So for example today there was tons of baked goods at the office and I had some, so for the rest of the week I am not eating any! So that is my plan for March: Gym 4/5 times a week, no treats at work, and HOT YOGA (starting on Saturday!). That should be realistic enough to stick to!

And who needs treats when you can have CRAB DIP for Suppa!

I know what you are thinking, crab dip is super rich, and high and fat, but you would be wrong! Tonight I created this concoction of what I had in the fridge, and it was a success!
Pita w/LF Crab Dip
I had some leftover fake crab to use up (from making sushi). Fake crab has no fat, some protein, but contains 50 million ingredients. Something I only like to use once in a while. If I had the skrillz I would make this with real crab!

Ingredients:
3 sticks of Fake Crab
Three handfuls of Spinach, chopped
Few forkfuls of Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Few Squishes of Low Fat Mayo
Palm size of Green Onions, chopped
Dash of Pepper
Pita

Mixture waiting to be nomed
Directions:
Cook spinach to wilt, let cool. Mix with rest of the ingredients. Chuck mixture on top of pita. Chuck Pita in the microwave for 30 seconds. Nom. 

Writing detailed step by step recipes is so not how I roll.

Seriously though, that is how I cook. I actually tasted the cottage cheese/mayo combo before adding it to the spinach/crab mixture. I didn't want to ruin the whole thing if it tasted bad. And it didn't taste bad at all. I think people get freaked out by cooking...for example, check out this recipe for crab dip:
From Here
This recipe looks delicious, but for a simple meal on a weeknight, seems a little bit much. I for one don't have water chestnuts lying around...or cream cheese for that matter. But that is a whole other issue. 

Also note what I am multi-tasking with in chrome, I have pinterest, facebook, two blog copies open, I am a social media fiend hehe. 

Don't get me wrong, I love making crazy extensive meals, and then I follow a recipe. But when I cooking to eat, post gym and work, I just throw whatever I can into some sort of meal form. And most of the time it turns out ok!


Anyone else making March healthy living resolutions?? Does anyone actually know what is in fake crab???




No comments:

Post a Comment