Friday, January 14, 2011

Busy Day?

So yesterday I was so busy I didn't get to blog. Thats right, busy. I started my day at 8:00am with a quick trip to school to finish up some student council stuff. Then I went to the gym (Goodlife athletic training,what a workout!)  Next I ran some errands, came home, straightened up my room, quickly made supper, went to another fitness class (Aqua Zumba), then went out with some friends and then crashed as soon as I got home. Busy busy. And I thought I would be bored!

Yesterday was day 2 of the Detox diet. Last year after Christmas I attempted another detox from a magazine, and it involved drinking a broth, and veggies galore. It was gross. This one isn't too bad, just a healthier change from what I had been eating the past week! Last night I made dill salmon and quinoa.  I had never made quinoa before but I had always wanted to try it.Quinoa is a cous-cous like grain that cooks like rice.

Here is my cooking flaw. I can't cook rice. I love cooking and feel confident with any recipe, however rice is my downfall. 10 minute rice is about all I can handle. So sure enough, as I am cooking this quinoa (which is not cheap) I notice that there is a nice toasty smell. Mmmm delicious burnt Quinoa. I was already tired and starving and at this point I just wanted to give up and order pizza. However, I didn't freak out (too badly) and quickly re-mediated the situation and saved the Quinoa.  By the time I got all that under control I barely had time to enjoy my meal before I went to Aqua Zumba. Oh well!

Tonight I am giving myself lots of time and making Lively Lentils and Creamy Rice and yes the rice will be 10 minute rice. It has coconut milk and curry, mmmm. How that counts for a detox I have no idea, but I won't question it haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment